The West Paw’s “Jive Zogoflex Durable Ball” Dog Chew Toy is not your average chew ball, as this review will go to show. In it, we will present the top features of this dog toy and underline any precaution you should take with it. A list of pros and cons and customer opinions are also here to provide additional information.
Dogs love a good game of fetch. However, during this type of game, they can get a bit too rough, resulting in the destruction of things like tennis balls or stuffed animals.
For that reason, manufacturers such as West Paw produce specially-designed balls that are simultaneously durable and fun. With your benefit in mind, this article will go over one of the best of them: the West Paw Jive Ball.
How Can Your Dog Play With West Paw Jive Ball?
Whether you use a standard ball thrower or your hands, the West Paw Jive Ball is as straightforward as it gets. By simply throwing it, you can trigger a series of unpredictable bounces that your dog will relish.
Despite being lightweight, this ball is very resistant and durable, especially with its being tougher than a tennis ball. However, it is completely safe for your dog to carry in its mouth and bite on.
This combination of characteristics is due to the fact that it is made of a special FDA-compliant type of plastic called Zogoflex.
Enabled by its unique design, the erratic movements of the West Paw Jive Ball are meant to keep your dog alert and challenged at all times.
As it is brightly-colored and perfectly-sized, your dog should still spot it easily, preventing confusing mistakes that could frustrate any pet. Its characteristics make the Jive Ball a great toy for outdoor playing.
As a matter of fact, the ball is at its best when it’s used in places with a lot of running space, including large yards and parks. In combination with its durability, all these features make the West Paw Jive Ball a toy that you can use many times over without your dog becoming bored with it.
Normally, the Jive Ball is used as a fetch toy. You can throw it around and watch your dog run around trying to get to it as quickly as possible, or you can use a standard-size ball thrower to cover bigger distances.
Fetching is an activity that can strengthen the bond between you and your dog. At the same time, it can also provide it with all the fun and exercise it might need.
Alternatively, the ball can be used by your four-legged friend as their go-to toy for some lazy downtime playing. After use, this toy can be easily and quickly washed. Conveniently, it can be washed either by hand or in the dishwasher.
West Paw Jive Ball – Main Features
- Unique design for unpredictable bouncing:
- One of the significant features of the West Paw Jive is its unique design.
- This will keep your dog challenged, alert, and entertained at all times thanks to its unpredictable and erratic bounces.
- By continuously surprising the pooch with its bouncing, this Jive Ball contributes to both the physical as well as the mental wellbeing of your pooch.
- Made of Zogoflex:
- Like all West Paw toys for pets, the Jive Ball is made of a virtually indestructible plastic blend called Zogoflex.
- This proprietary material is incredibly durable and resistant.
- At the same time, it’s FDA-approved, BPA-free, Phthalate-free, and non-toxic.
- As if that wasn’t enough, Zogoflex is completely recyclable.
- Love It guarantee:
- West Paw introduced a new warranty known as the “Love It” guarantee.
- This ensures that, if your dog manages to break its toy, the company will replace it with a tougher and even more durable one.
- Furthermore, because they are made of Zogoflex, all the toys produced by West Paw are recyclable.
- It should be noted that West Paw does not require you to send them destroyed toys to honor their Love It guarantee.
There is no doubt that the products manufactured by West Paw are of great quality. Durable, resistant, and well-constructed, they are made to resist the treatment of even the most hyperactive dogs.
At the same time, they are made of FDA-approved materials that make them completely non-toxic and safe. However, you should always oversee your dog when it is playing with this or any other toy. This type of supervision can prevent accidents and injuries from happening.
Serious chewers could benefit from some dental toys, so don’t forget to take a look at some of them as well.
The opinions provided by customers regarding this product have been largely on the positive side. Many praise the ball’s design as it creates a dynamic, unpredictable experience that dogs tend to love. Various others have said they appreciate the toughness and durability of its materials.
Of course, there have also been some complaints, mostly from people who expected a different type of material. There are conflicting views about it, as some owners considered it too soft (at least for serious chewers), while others think that it is too hard.
Hopefully, this review will help you make up your mind about the West Paw Jive Ball. Fun but still challenging, it can help keep your dog physically and mentally healthy. As it is designed to be incredibly durable, your dog should enjoy it for a long time.
Did you find this dog toy useful and is your pet loving it? Share your opinions in a comment.